Online Counseling records from sessions completed within past 36 months available
April 24, 2012
Many schools will be undergoing audits in the coming months and schools need to make sure they have proper documentation to show they are complying with regulations, including meeting counseling requirements.
Online Counseling records completed within the last six months are accessible through your Access Area. Records of counseling sessions that are six to 36 months old are accessible through an archived records request.
Schools have three options to access records of counseling sessions completed within the past six months:
- Mouse over the Retrieve records link, Download/print counseling records, and choose:
- One day
- Date range
- Specific criteria
- Use the Search link to search for a record by confirmation number (if completed within the last 14 days), Social Security number, or last name. If the student completed counseling more than six months ago, you may still see the counseling date, confirmation number, and student name and click the “Archives link” to request the date (if it was six to 36 months ago).
- Mouse over the Retrieve records and click on "Download electronic counseling records" to retrieve records in TXT, CSV, or XML formats.
The Archives link provides an online form to request a date range of records that are six to 36 months old for a specific counseling type. Files are available in the printable RTF, CSV (that opens in Excel), TXT, WDDX, and XML formats.
Once the form is submitted Mapping Your Future staff will contact you within two business days to confirm the request. Once the counseling file is available, you will receive an e-mail notification indicating you can retrieve the record as follows.
- Login to the Access Area and click “Archives”.
- Right-click on the file name and "Save Target As” where you would like to save the link in your documents.
- Go to the file where you saved the link, open the file, and print as needed.
Archived reports are only available for 10 calendar days. It is important to retrieve the data once it is available.
Since archive files are generated by date range and not for a specific borrower, you can use a commonly-known keyboard shortcut to search for a record in your archived records file. To search for a record, open the archive file, hold down the Control key on your keyboard, and type the letter "f" (for find). A search box will appear where you can search for a last name, Social Security Number, confirmation number, or other field.
More information about retrieving records can be found in the Online Counseling User's Guide in the Resources section on the home page of your Access Area. For questions about retrieving records, contact the Mapping Your Future customer care staff at email@example.com.