Direct Loan and Direct PLUS Combined Exit Counseling
UAMS in Little Rock, AR
Student Financial Services
Welcome to the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) on-line exit counseling for the Stafford and Grad PLUS Loans (COM students, please see section below highlighted in yellow). The Department of Education and UAMS require that you complete exit counseling when graduating/leaving UAMS.
If you withdraw/separate prior to completing the enrollment period, a Title IV Return of Funds will be processed regarding your Stafford and Grad PLUS Student Loans. Based on federal regulations, funds will be returned to your lender if you terminate prior to the end of the enrollment period. You will be billed for the amount UAMS returns to your lender on your behalf.
Your rights and obligations are included in this exit session and should be read thoroughly as they will inform you about the details of your loan (including grace periods, repayment, deferments, etc.). You will also be required to provide personal/confidential information. If the information you provide should change (address, phone number, name, etc), please notify your lender. If you have any questions regarding your exit counseling, please contact:
Student Financial Services, Slot 864
4301 West Markham
Little Rock, AR 72205
Admin West Room 1.120
Once you have completed your exit counseling and our office has confirmed your tuition account has been paid in full, we will notify your Registrar that you have cleared our office.
Please print this page for your records.
Student Financial Services
The following Counseling Session is generalized to meet the needs of all types of students. Please note the following exceptions for MEDICAL, PHARMACY and PUBLIC HEALTH STUDENTS:
The maximum annual limit for Stafford Loans for GRADUATE STUDENTS in HEALTH PROFESSIONS PROGRAMS is discussed briefly in the following counseling session. Our medical, pharmacy and public health students are eligible to receive increased stafford loan amounts, depending on the number of months in the academic term. Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you would like more information on current Stafford Loan limits.
Please read below for instructions on completing your exit counseling:
The information above is wholly the product of the school or organization represented herein.
Mapping Your Future, and its individual sponsoring members, do not guarantee
or warrant the correctness, completeness, accuracy, or any other characteristic
of this content and shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or cause of
action arising out of the content.
Direct Loan and Direct PLUS Exit Counseling Session Instructions
Before You Start
- Ensure you meet the browser and system requirements:
- You must use at least Internet Explorer 7.0 or the newest version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Get a browser now.
- You can use any Internet service provider (ISP) to connect to the Internet; however, you should access this counseling session using one of the browsers above after you've connected. Do NOT use the ISP's browser, such as AOL or MSN--you won't be able to complete the student form at the end of the session!
- If you encounter that the question numbers are not displaying correctly when you answer a question incorrectly, ensure that Java is enabled on your browser and try another browser (such as Firefox or Chrome), if the issue persists.
- You will need about 30 minutes to complete this counseling session.
- You will need the following information:
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver's license number
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your next of kin
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and employers for two references residing at different addresses
- Name, address, and telephone number for your expected employer, if known
- You might need the following information:
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your spouse, if applicable
- Name, address, telephone number, and employer for your parent
- NOTE: Providing names and information for your spouse, parent, next of kin, and references does not obligate them to assist with repayment of your loan. Regulations require you provide this data so your loan holder can locate you, if, in the future, they have an invalid address or phone number.
- The student loan calculator in this session will help you calculate your estimated monthly payment. If you aren't sure how much you have borrowed, you can ask your financial aid office or access your basic loan history information on the National Loan Data System (NSLDS) with your federal PIN at http://www.nslds.ed.gov.
What to Do
- Read the content and answer the questions.
- Fill out the student information form. Use the comment box for any comments or questions you have for your school.
- Print the confirmation page that appears after you fill out the student information form or note your confirmation number for your records.
NOTE: Generally, the Back and Forward buttons on your browser will not work once you begin the counseling session. Use the buttons within the counseling to navigate.