Use education loyalty and affinity programs
Loyalty and affinity programs allow you to save for college by:
- shopping at certain stores,
- buying particular products, or
- using a designated credit or debit card.
Such programs are good options to supplement your own college savings and any financial aid for which you may be eligible. Below are some examples. To add a program to this list, please contact Mapping Your Future.
Upromise members can automatically earn a percentage of everyday purchases at participating grocery, drug, retail, online, and restaurant locations nationwide. This money can then be:
- simply saved,
- invested into 529 college savings plans, or
- used to repay student loans faster.
If interested, learn more at www.upromise.com.
Shop at a participating BabyMint retailer, and you will earn a contribution toward your college savings. You may choose to have your earnings:
- sent to you via check,
- directed into another BabyMint member's account, or
- deposited directly into your college savings account, including almost any state 529 Plan or Coverdell Educational Savings Account.
If interested, learn more at www.babymint.com.