Establish yourself financially
Take these basic steps to get established financially:
- Take our financial fitness quiz.
- Set up a realistic budget and stick to it.
- Open up checking and savings accounts. Don't spend more than what is in the accounts.
- Learn how to use credit cards wisely.
- Pay all of your bills on time each month.
- Review and understand your credit report.
- If things are getting out of control (take our financial danger quiz to find out), contact your creditors, seek credit counseling from a licensed and reputable service, and/or look into debt consolidation.