Updated draft 2023-24 Federal Student Aid application materials ready for review
June 02, 2022
If you want to make suggestions for the 2023-24 Federal Student Aid application materials, now is your opportunity.
The Department of Education in a June 1 Electronic Announcement announced the updated draft versions of the proposed 2023–24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form, the Student Aid Report (SAR), and the SAR Acknowledgement are available for public comment. Comments should be submitted electronically through the RegInfo website at https://reginfo.gov by June 30.
In the announcement, the Department said the comment period is an opportunity for the community to provide feedback and input on the information collected on the FAFSA form and only comments regarding the FAFSA form and related forms should be submitted during this comment period.
The updated draft documents available for review include:
- The updated draft of the 2023–24 FAFSA form
- The updated draft of the 2023–24 SAR
- The updated draft of the 2023–24 SAR Acknowledgement
- The updated Paper Summary of Enhancements to the 2023–24 FAFSA form
- The updated Student Electronic Entry Summary of Enhancements to the 2023–24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid form
- The 2023–24 Data Elements Justification, which provides an explanation for every question on the FAFSA form
- The Supporting Statement for the 2023–24 FAFSA form
All documents can be viewed by clicking this link: https://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAViewIC?ref_nbr=202202-1845-003&icID=195111.