February tasks for high school seniors
By Beth Ziehmer
February 01, 2022
It's just a few, busy months away from graduation for high school seniors.
During your senior year, you will finalize your college choice. This year is filled with admission applications, scholarship essays, financial aid information, and the need to meet deadlines. Throughout your senior year, continue to build your resume by achieving academic success, as well as participating in extracurricular activities. Colleges are interested in well-rounded students.
Below are the tasks you should complete during the month of February:
- Be mindful of deadlines for high school graduation, college admissions, and scholarship or financial aid applications. Always submit information on time.
- Research Advanced Placement (AP) or College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams.
- Rank your top school choices.
- Research local scholarships and apply as applications are available.
- Complete your FAFSA online, if you haven't already. Keep copies of all documents, including your FSA ID, in a file.
- View Mapping Your Future's webinar recording from the January "Strategies for making the most of scholarship applications" webinar.
- Use the Mapping Your Future Scholarship Tracking Sheet to keep your scholarship applications and awarded scholarships organized.