April tasks for high school seniors
By Beth Ziehmer
April 01, 2022
As your senior year winds down, don't let yourself become distracted by solely focusing on celebrating graduation – stay focused and finish your high school career strong.
Below are the tasks you should complete during the month of April:
- Keep a close eye on your e-mails (including spam and junk folders) for important messages.
- You might have messages or other correspondence from your counselors about available scholarship applications and other end of year requirements.
- You might receive important information, perhaps with large attachments, that might go into a spam or junk folder. (However, be cautious about clicking on any links unless you are sure of the sender.)
- Complete scholarship applications, paying close attention to the deadlines and instructions.
- Use the scholarship tracking sheet to keep track of the scholarships you are applying for, the scholarships you are awarded, and to compare the cost of attendance and financial aid packages at different colleges.
- Compare financial aid award letters.
- Make your final school decision and mail deposits, as required.
- Check with the school you've chosen about returning financial aid award letters.
- Notify the schools you have chosen NOT to attend.
- Plan for registration, orientation, and housing, and mark your calendar with important dates.