Assess your skills and interest
Think about your interests
- What do you like to do? Think about experiences you have enjoyed. What kind of school, religious, social, or sports activities do you like?
- Make a list of 10 activities you have enjoyed doing in the past four years.
- Evaluate those interests. Think about what you liked about the activities. What challenges did the activities offer? What skills do you need to develop further to continue in those activities?
Consider your skills
- Evaluate school, volunteer, work, or leisure experiences.
- Make a list of your school activities (clubs, organizations to which you belonged). Make a list of any volunteer work you have done (either through social, civic or religious organizations).
- After you have assessed your interests and skills, determine the relationship between skills and interests and possible careers. You may need to research different careers.
Once you have found a career that matches your interests and skills, you are ready to develop a career plan.