Reinstate your eligibility for federal student aid
You cannot receive additional financial aid if you have an outstanding, unresolved default on any federal student loan. Fortunately, you have options to help you quality for additional financial aid now:
- Repay your loan in full with a lump-sum payment.
- If you can't pay your loan in full with a single payment, establish satisfactory repayment arrangements:
- Make six consecutive, voluntary, full, on-time, reasonable and affordable, monthly payments (a lump sum payment, tax offset, wage garnishment, or court-ordered payment will not count)
- Payments must be received within 15 days of the payment date
- Contact your loan holder to get a statement of your renewed eligibility for financial aid
Your eligibility can be reinstated for additional financial aid only one time. If you miss payments on your defaulted student loans, you will not be eligible for a second reinstatement.